Front End Developer / Designer
We are currently on the lookout for a web dev unicorn – a front-end developer who also has mad design skills for online and digital environments. This individual would be responsible for building small to medium sized custom websites, predominantly in WordPress but also with builds in Drupal, Magento, HTML/Bootstrap and Shopify. An understanding of multiple CMS platforms is ideal, as well as the ability to customise builds significantly – including creating custom child themes, custom scripts, and interactive environments.
This unicorn should also have a solid understanding of UI/UX design and conversion paths, working closely with our marketing team and content writers to design websites that are optimised for performance as well as aesthetics.
The position is remote, starting as a freelance/contract role. The minimum hourly rate for this position will be based on your location and currency ( GBP£32.00 | USD$45.00 | CAD$60.00 | AUD$60.00 | EUR €36.00), with an increase likely depending on your experience, reliability, communication skills, talent, and all round awesomeness.
- Determining the structure and design of web pages.
- Ensuring strong user experience based on content and positioning.
- Developing features to enhance the user experience.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Ensuring web design is optimised for smartphones.
- Creating clean environments that are easy to update and have an element of future-proofing.
- Optimising web pages for maximum speed and scalability.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout design.
- Experience in WordPress CMS and Bootstrap Frameworks
- Experience and understanding of adaptive design and web accessibility
- Experience developing cross-browser and cross-platform compatible solutions
- Ability to create custom themes, child themes, and custom elements
- Graphic design skills for online environments
- Experience with the Adobe Suite
- Troubleshoot, debug and upgrade existing software
- Create high quality mock-ups and prototypes, including rapid prototyping
- Understanding of SEO principles.
- Extremely good time management skills
- The ability to self-manage, take initiative, and bring your talents and experience to the table to improve our team as a whole
- Experience in additional CMS platforms such as Drupal, Magento and Shopify
- Interactive Development and Animation
- Any knowledge and experience with jQuery, React and Redux
- Experience working with version control systems such as GIT
- Experience working with Rest API’s
Please note that only the top candidates will be contacted.
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com