On top of this, healthcare marketers must keep short-term care and each patient’s future quality of life at the forefront. Do you know how to advertise within the red tape of healthcare marketing?
Developing a healthcare marketing strategy for your organisation does not need to be complicated. At its core, it involves highlighting the quality of your services as a provider and demonstrating how they meet the needs of patients. The complication is not the marketing itself but the fact that many healthcare procedures, especially those based on technology, are complicated. They can be difficult to explain to someone who is not a specialist in that particular field – especially patients.
The Importance of Digital Marketing for Healthcare
A well-thought-out digital marketing strategy is a necessity for organisations in the healthcare field. In the digital age, you need to meet your audience online and ensure your information finds them at their point of search.
Build trust, but also build online proof of your expertise at the same time. In the same way social proof builds trust through unfettered advertising, evidence-based proof should also be visible in your healthcare marketing strategy.
Marketing for Healthcare: Know Your Audience
- Healthcare Providers: An organisation or practice whose services directly contribute to the treatment of patients. Examples include hospitals, resident doctors, nursing homes, optometrists, dentists, mental health providers, physiotherapists, chiropractors, pharmacies, and more.
- Manufacturers: The companies that develop, produce, and sell products used by healthcare providers to treat patients. Manufacturers in the healthcare industry include pharmaceutical companies and device manufacturers that produce drugs and medical equipment.
- Insurers: Statutory and private health insurance cover (or help cover) patient treatment costs. The public NHS system shoulders a large amount of the cost of treatments in the UK.
- Smart Health Solution Providers: Digital services and products like apps, wearable technology, and digital patient files are now part of the healthcare sector. These solutions help support healthcare systems, directly or indirectly.
Healthcare Marketing vs B2B Marketing
When it comes to marketing, B2B experts know their stuff, and they’re definitely worth having around. But marketing for healthcare and healthtech requires extra know-how, experience, and finesse to ensure your messaging is compliant and effective.
Here are some factors that make marketing for healthcare different from traditional B2B marketing:
- Regulations: Healthcare marketing requires a good understanding of how legislation and advertising rules in your region affect your services and products.
- Indirect Distribution: Many components in healthcare are separate from one another. Healthcare marketers understand the supply chain and the relationships between all parties, for example, insurance coverage.
- Certification: Healthcare products and services often require special certifications to be approved for treatment or insurance coverage. An experienced healthcare marketing team will understand and consider these in their marketing efforts.
- Compliance & Data Protection: In healthcare, requirements for compliance and protecting personal and health data are extremely high. These safeguards can affect how data is processed and how organisations can contact the target audience.
Healthcare Marketing Expertise From Our Full-Service Agency
It’s time to reload your strategy and design a healthcare marketing campaign that speaks to your audience, complies with healthcare regulations, and will help your organisation stand out.
LD is a full-service digital agency operating across the United Kingdom, Europe, North America, and Australia. We operate uniquely as a 100% cloud-based corporation that moves with you, no matter where you are and the timezone of your business.
Book a coffee with us and find out how we can help you reach your healthcare marketing goals.